April 26th - May 3rd, 2019
- To counteract the NWS’ strategy, it is imperative for international youth to support the TPNW and challenge the NWS’ arguments by lobbying states and presenting a strong youth statement.
- We are aiming to change the narrative on nuclear weapons: one from neo-realism and focused on nuclear deterrence policies to a humanitarian-focused
- To ensure that changes will occur and young people’s voices are heard, we are aiming to bring 15-20 students to New York from April 26 to May 3 for both preliminary activities and the first week of the NPT PrepCom
- In early April of 2019, PEAC Institute will organize a series of webinars, featuring leading experts from different civil society groups.
- On April 27, 2019, Orientation for the participants in New York. At the orientation, we will review the schedule and discuss the strategy.
- During the 2019 NPT PrepCom, the participants will be expected to monitor the plenary discussions, deliver the youth presentation, and lobby delegates to support the TPNW. The participants will work in tandem with civil society organizations to increase support for the early entry into force of the TPNW.
- Upon completing the program, the participants will receive certificates.
- The 2019 NPT Prepcom will be in New York from April 29, 2019 to May 10, 2019.
- States will engage in debates on the relationship between the TPNW and the NPT. The majority will contend that the TPNW closes the legal missing gap in the nuclear nonproliferation regime.
- The Nuclear Weapon States (NWS) will challenge this notion and pressure states to support their stance.
- Application Fee: $50
- The application fee is non-refundable
- Program Fee | Single Room: $1,400.00
- Program Fee | Shared Room: $1,200.00
- Program Fee | Basic, no accommodations: $800.00
PEAC Institute can help students with applying for financial assistance from their schools. In the past, universities have sponsored their students for our programs. We can definitely provide you with information on how you can apply for financial support.
405 E 42nd St
New York, NY 10017
Google map and directions